Sunday, July 30, 2006

The Factory at Franklin (Nashville)









Tonight was my first time to play drums in Nashville. It was pretty amazing. We played at a benefit show for Tennessee Marine families. The venue was an old warehouse that had been turned into a church. Very cool. I was able to see some old friends at tonight's show. One of which was my first piano teacher. (She once told me that if I ever wanted to play drums I needed to learn how to keep time..........don't tell anyone, but I'm still trying to learn!) The other friend was Racheal Decker from OKC. She moved out to Nashville about a year and a half ago. She was the one that got me started in radio at KOKF 91fm. We brought out a special guest electric guitar player tonight for our "Blues Song". Mr. Bob Hartman, founder of the revolutionary band Petra, jammed out with us on the blues. It was a dream come true for Nick our electric guitar player. They were both awesome on that song tonight. All in all tonight was a great night, I got to meet a lot of new people in addition to seeing some friends I haven't seen in awhile. New England here we come!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home